Monday 14 January 2008

Brighouse and Rastrick

Saturday saw us running the bookstall at CCF and playing in their 6-round rapidplay. John was second in the U100 section, whilst I only scored 50%. It was strange getting back to playing rapidplay after so long - don't think I've played any for about 6 months or more. I definately played the first round too fast, but did manage to slow down after that.

In the evening we were taken out by my parents to see the Brighouse and Rastrick Band at the Hawth in Crawley. An excellent evening with a wide variety of music played. Yes, for those who remember, they did encore with the Floral Dance. Their rendition of The Bare Necessities was brilliant, with lots of humour from the bass horn soloist. I found the two more technical pieces a little difficult to take in, but could really appreciate how difficult these were to play.

No comments: