Monday 31 March 2008

Exmouth and a Golden Wedding


We had a very hectic week last week, so no blog for a while. Easter weekend saw us at the WECU congress in Exmouth. This time we made it all the way there with our van intact. After unloading I then had the enjoyment of spending most of the easter weekend in a room under the playing hall with the bookstall. However, there were plenty of people to talk to and the weather outside wasn't too good. Most mornings John and I managed a short walk before opening the shop and then we took it in turns at lunchtime to go for a walk.

After getting home on the Monday evening, Tuesday was a hectic work day. We had to post out our internet sales and bring the internet shop up to date with the weekend sales. We also had some engraving to do (we recently purchased an engraving machine).

On Wednesday we had the shopping to do for my parents' golden wedding party on the Thursday. Fortunately, most, although not all, came from one shop. I had been planning the menu for weeks and had now taken to dreaming about it. My only concern was if I was unable to get a side of salmon - I needn't have worried.

Thursday was spent preparing food, transporting tables, chairs, crockery and food to my parents' house and then further preparation. Why do salads all need preparing at the last minute? Still, it all seemed to go well and the food was enjoyed. People were impressed by the 'golden yellow' table cloths - normally gracing the tables of the bookstall. We had also specially engraved coasters for the occasion - John spent Wednesday evening on that whilst I was busy losing a chess game in Redhill.

Friday was a strange day. We were both exhausted, but the business has to continue. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders though.

No comments: