Wednesday 5 March 2008

East Devon Congress, Exeter


Last Friday saw us travelling down to Exeter. We started setting the bookstall up at 4pm, with the first round starting at 7pm. I was playing and I always go into my first game still thinking about the bookstall and take a while to settle down. It was a good game though, until my opponent blundered as we went into an ending and I went a minor piece up and won the game. Whilst, if I had a choice, I would then scuttle off to our hotel and relax, instead I joined John on the bookstall until the last game had finished. We finally got back to our hotel after 11pm. Unfortunately it was a windy night and we had a persistently banging door to our room. As a result I didn't get a lot of sleep - not good when I was playing the next day.

No comments: