Sunday 9 January 2011

Wrekin Congress

This weekend has been spent at the Wrekin Congress, near Telford.  I had stuck to my New Year Resolution and studied chess for at least an hour each day this week.  But it was to no avail.  I scored 2 out of 5 in the minor, with a grading performance of 20 points below my grade.  Not a good weekend, hopefully I can learn from my mistakes.  (Especially my last game in which I turned an outright win into a draw).  At least I helped 2 of my opponents to 3rd place!
So, here are the final results:
Minor
  1. Roger Brown 5
  2. Graham Ives 4
  3. Anthony Meakin; Richard Leaper; Ivor Salter; Jonathan Hockey; Matthew Wilson; Richard Szwajkun; Tim Skidmore; Louise Coxon 3.5
 Major
  1. Tom Robinson; Brendon O'Gorman; Tim Lane; Adrian Walker; Phil Bull 3.5
Premier
  1. Gavyn Cooper 4
  2. Russel James; Don Mason; Andy Baruch 3.5

No comments: